Check Out "The Allure of the Memoir" Panel
This Saturday (2:30 PST)
at FREE All-Day Online LA BookFest
This Saturday, the book-loving community will gather for an online celebration at LA BookFest. The event (from 10 AM to 6 PM PST) includes:
- Panel Discussions and Conversations
- Author AMA (Ask Me Anything) Live Chats
- Author Readings
- Virtual Booths and
- a Book Giveaway sponsored by Books That Make You
I'm excited to be moderating the panel "The Allure of the Memoir: Telling the Human Story" at 2:30 PST. I have gathered 5 intriguing memoir writers to discuss the genre and explore such questions as:
- "Are memoirs art of the heart or works of narcissism?"
- "Where does the memoirist draw the line or is anything fair game for the memoirist to address?"
- "How do memoirists tell the true story and avoid issues associated with so-called fake memoirs?" and
- "What are the memoirs that memoirists themselves recommend?"
Whether by a celebrity or someone else with a great story, a memoir is a dive into a human experience that’s relatable, inspiring and entertaining. In a time of Coronavirus challenges, we need such engaging tales more than ever! This panel will share memoirists’ stories and journeys and techniques.
Sue William Silverman, Author, How to Survive Death and Other Inconveniences, a memoir in the form of an essay collection, as well as Fearless Confessions: A Writer's Guide to Memoir.
Ray Richmond, Founder and President of Family Sleuth Memoirs, collaborates on memoirs and family histories. His clients include film legend Janis Paige, author of Reading Between the Lines: A Memoir.
Diana Lee Brown, M.A., M.F.T., Author, Fly By: A Daughter’s Journey from Tragedy to Tribute,
Most Inspirational Book of the Year, IRWIN Awards, 2019.
Bilal Alaji, Author, award-winning and best-selling This Ain’t My Life: One Man’s journey to finding his destiny. Best memoir of 2019 Pinnacle Book Award, SPR finalist 2020.
Gerald Everett Jones, Host, Get Published! podcast and an award-winning author.
I'LL BE THERE TO MODERATE
THIS GREAT GROUP OF WRITERS.
SEE YOU AT THE FAIR!
TO SIGN UP AND FOR MORE INFO: https://www.labookfest.com/