Friday, October 19, 2012

Know Where You're Going

Editing Tip of the Week - 10/19/12

One of the biggest hurdles I've seen for authors is being faced with a disorganized manuscript -- one that is the result of a lack of planning. Let's take the self-help book, for example. It's a good idea to lay out the main topics and likely chapters very early in the book development process. This rough outline can be improved with further research. For instance, you can discover a developing area that would make a great new chapter. Or you may find that a certain chapter grows into two, while the next one is too short and should be integrated into another chapter.

Time is precious for us writers. With a plan, you'll be more efficient, and your book becomes a stronger contender in the marketplace. As a book coach and developmental editor, I can help you make sense of your topic and assist you in shaping your book. For more info on my book coaching services, call me at 310-838-7098 or email me at quinnrobin@aol.com. Let me be your book whisperer.

Happy writing!

Robin
Los Angeles

No comments: